Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hitchens goes off on Rick Warren.

As usual  its a little cringe worthy


And as usual I agree with Hitchens, though as usual I wonder if he couldn't make the same point without being such an asshole, but many Warren types have long since perfected the art of being an anus so Im prepared to call it a wash if you are.


For whatever reason the Warren thing doesn't bother me a bit even though I wouldn't have a disagreement of fact with a single dissenter.   What does confuse me though is the sense of betrayal many have over Warren's selection.    If you've paid attention at all this is classic Obama and in that regard Im getting exactly what I voted for, asshole and all.

1 comment:

  1. I think Warren quickly discovered that his "Purpose Driven Life" is very similar to a lot of celebrity pastors: bloated, closeted gay, and eager to flop views in exchange for larger audiences.

    ReplyDelete